She is the best of the summer on Narukami Island. Not just because their fireworks make a spectacular show, but because of how much those fireworks mean to everyone in Inazuma. Her name is Yoimiya and this is a complete guide for her.
Yoimiya: Whispers of the Flames
Yoimiya is the new 5-star Pyro Bow user. Before diving into the ways to build it. Let’s briefly take a look at the key mechanics of it.
- Normal attack: Yoimiya fires up to 5 consecutive shots dealing physical damage.
- Charged attack: Holding down the Attack button feeds the arrow with Pyro damage. But if you hold it a little longer, it will spawn up to 3 Flaming Arrows that target enemies.
- Elemental Skill: Her elemental ability causes Yoimiya’s normal attacks to deal Pyro damage.
- Elemental Burst: Elemental Blast deals AOE Pyro damage and marks an enemy with Aurous Blaze. Any hit on the enemy marked by other party members will trigger AOE Pyro blasts. When the enemy dies, the Aurorus Blaze is passed to the nearby enemy until it expires.
Those are just the key elements of Yoimiya’s game. The full list of talents, passives, and constellations can be found here.
Since Yoimiya is another Inzauma character, she needs local specialties and Inzuma items to move up. And since we’re only a few weeks away from the new update, you probably don’t have a lot of those items.
In this case, it’s time to make a shopping list to level up Yoimiya. The news here is Burning Pearl released by the new Pyro Hypostasis, Transience rolls from Domains (to level talents), and Naku Weed, which is an Inazuman specialty.
Best Yoimiya Builds
Her skill set is viable for multiple builds, but the two main builds that come to mind after testing her are Pyro DPS and Burst Support.
Pyro DPS. The goal of this build is to maximize the amount of damage Yoimiya deals with her normal attacks. With its elemental ability, you will deal a constant amount of Pyro damage to opponents. And then when the time comes, unleash the Burst of Yoimiya and leave the field to others.
Burst support. Although Yomiya is a DPS by nature, you may want her for support on your team. This build focuses on using the Burst as quickly as possible and leaving the field to other party members.
Which one to choose is up to you alone. Play with it, the way you want to play whenever it’s fun. Also, we’ll break down the weapons and artifact sets for each build.
Weapons (Pyro DPS)
A wide variety of weaponry is found before DPS Yoimiya. If you’re feeling lucky, you can either aim for a new 5-star weapon or choose one of the trustworthy old weapons. Each weapon here is self explanatory. The goal here is to increase your normal attack DMG.
- Thunderous pulse: Increases ATK by 20% and grants the power of the Thunder Emblem. At stack level 1/2/3, Thunder Emblem increases Normal Attack DMG by 12/24/40% / Character will gain 1 stack of Thunder Emblem in each of the following scenarios: Normal Attack deals DMG (the stack lasts 5s), cast elemental ability (the stack lasts 10 seconds); Power is less than 100% (battery disappears when power is full). The life of each battery is calculated independently.
- Amos Arch: Increases DMG from normal and charged attacks by 12%. The DMG of normal and charged attacks is increased by 8% every 0.1 sec for up to 5 times.
- Harp to the sky: Increase CRIT DMG by 20%. Hits have a 60% chance to deal a small AoE attack, dealing DMG equal to 125% Physical ATK. It can only occur once every 4 seconds.
- Oxide: Increases Normal Attack DAMAGE by 40% but reduces Aimed Shot DAMAGE by 10%.
- Hamayumi: Increases the DMG of the Normal Attack by 16% and the DMG of the Charged Attack by 12%. When the equipping character’s Energy reaches 100%, this effect is increased by 100%.
Those are the best weapons for Yomiya. If you are free to play, Hamayumi is definitely your number one choice. It will take a while to get, but it is definitely worth the effort.
Artifacts (Pyro DPS)
There are two main artifact sets for dealing damage: Crimson Witch of Flames and Shimenawa’s Reminiscence. Both sets are great and can work in different scenarios. While we will discuss 4-piece sets here, feel free to mix up different 2-piece sets to suit your play style.
Crimson Flame Witch: this set is all about Pyro Damage. While 2 pieces is good and can be combined with 2 pieces from Gladiator’s Finale, 4 pieces offers a huge advantage when creating reactions or using the elemental ability (which is essential in Yoimiya’s playstyle).
- 2-piece set: Pyro DMG Bonus + 15%
- 4-piece set: Overload and Butning DMG + 40%. The elemental ability increases the 2-piece bonus by 50% for 10 sec. Maximum 3 stacks
Shimenawa’s reminiscence: Another valid set of artifacts is the new one: the Shimenawa reminiscence. While it doesn’t have a direct Pyro buff, it works in good synergy between normal attacks and the elemental ability. This set works best on its own, you can potentially mix it with Crimson Witch of Flames, but the end result may not be as optimal as it could be.
- 2-piece set: ATK + 18%.
- 4-piece set: When casting an elemental ability, if the character has 15 or more energy, he loses 15 energy and the normal DMG / charge / dive is increased by 50% for 10 seconds.
Don’t forget that you only need 4 specific pieces. The fifth could be from any set as long as it has the correct stats. For DPS stats this is what you are looking for ATK% / Pyro DMG Bonus% / CRIT DMG or Speed.
The secondary focus is the same as for all DPS: CRIT DMG / CRIT Rate. Target those and others that you feel are missing. For example, energy recharge or extra ATK.
Weapons (explosive support)
There are not as many ties for her as burst support to use. The best options would be 4-star bows like The Stringless and Favounius Warbow. The Stringless is good for increasing your blast damage and Favonius Warbow will help you get that blast faster. Too bad you can’t use both at the same time.
- The no strings: Elemental Skill and Elemental Blast DAMAGE increased by 24%.
- Favonius Warbow: CRIT hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of elemental particles, which will regenerate 6 energy for the character. It can only occur once every 12 seconds.
You definitely have the Faovnius Warbow (unless you scraped it off) as it is delivered free throughout Archon Quest. And The Stringless can only be obtained through wishes. The choice depends mainly on how much Energy Recharge you have and whether you need more.
Artifacts (burst support)
The best artifact set for building support is Noblesse Oblige. It’s a common set for any support character and works especially well with Yoimiya’s outburst.
Nobility obliges: This set focuses on the character’s Elemental Blast. You can also pair it with Gladiator’s 2-Piece Finale here. But the 4 piece grants the damage bonus to other party members who will take Yoimiya’s place on the field after using the Elemental Blast. That, of course, if we talk about maximum efficiency.
- 2-piece set: Elemental Burst DAMAGE + 20%
- 4-piece set: After using an Elemental Blast, all teammates gain + 20% ATK. Lasts 12 sec, does not stack
Don’t forget that you only need 4 specific pieces. The fifth could be from any set as long as it has the correct stats. To get attendance statistics, this is what you are looking for ATK% / Pyro DMG Bonus% / CRIT DMG or Speed.
The secondary focus is the same as for DPS as well: CRIT DMG / CRIT Rate. Those and Energy recharge as an option.
Light up the sky
I hope this guide has helped you and you are on your way to making the best Yoimiya out there. If you’re only going to roll for it, good luck. Can you earn a 50/50 or get an early 5-star if it’s a 100? Or heck, why not both?
I’ll be on my way with my C2 QiQi, and let’s make summer in Inzauma even more fun!
The publication Genshin Impact: A Complete Yoimiya Guide appeared first on Gamezo.