If you’ve just started your journey with the Sims, one skill worth honing from the get-go is architecture. The game will not only demand a great sense of time management and multitasking, but it will also challenge you to assemble mega-structures to decorate your virtual extension. This requires a basic understanding of building fundamentals and this guide will show you how to get started by explaining how to add fundamentals in The Sims 4 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
What are foundations?
Foundations are listed as architectural objects in the game, designed to raise the main floor of a structure off the ground.
The foundation can be laid in the smooth space of the suburbs or on a rough and uneven ground, consisting of deck, patio, raised or brick.
The foundation tool was most commonly used to add foundation to a plot of land by dragging a square to the chosen terrain or by selecting a room and raising the foundation higher using arrows. However, The Sims 4 removed this feature and newcomers are now having a hard time figuring out how to add and modify the bases.
How to add bases
With the aforementioned changes in mind, the following steps will guide you through the process of adding a suitable foundation to your structure.
- First, select the wall tool and create a room in the desired location.
- With the selection tool, click on each wall, one at a time, resulting in the selection of the entire room.
- Locate the vertical arrow pointing up to raise the base and assign the required height you would like the base to be at.
- Then click on the Basics menu to select the wallpaper of your choice.
- You can then choose the color you would like the base to be.
- Because the base is higher than ground level, you will need a ladder.
- You can also use the wall tool to build a balcony, deck, or basement, and the construction tools offer a variety of other options.
The main function you’ll want to play with is the aforementioned arrows located in the center of the room. The arrow pointing up will raise the base, as mentioned above, and the arrow pointing down will lower the level of the base.
Any additional rooms built next to the one you just built will share the same foundation height. This means that if you want two rooms in your structure with different foundation heights, you will need to ensure that they are not touching.
How to remove the bases
The foundation cannot technically be removed, but can be reduced to a negative value.
Navigate to the center of your room again and use the down arrow to lower the foundation height to a negative number, thus eliminating the raised foundation.
Also, if you want to have a sagging floor in your building, lowering the foundation even further will accommodate this to some extent.
The post The Sims 4: How to Add, Raise, and Lower a Foundation appeared first on Gamezo.